Psychedelic Pharmaceutical Startup Ninnion Announces Formation of World Renowned Scientific Advisory Board
March 28th, 2022
Psychedelics, Top News
Board members include industry pioneers Dr. Rick Strassman and Dr. Charles B Nemeroff
AUSTIN, TX –News Direct– Ninnion
Ninnion, a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on developing next-generation psychedelic therapeutics today announced the formation of its Scientific Advisory Board (SAB). The board is composed of key opinion leaders in pharmaceutical development and psychedelics research, including Rick Strassman, MD, Charles B Nemeroff, MD, and chaired by Bill W. Massey, PhD, Ninnion’s Chief Development Officer.
“The level of experience and expertise embodied in our Scientific Advisory Board is absolutely world-class. The SAB members bring a great balance of scientific, drug development and clinical expertise to Ninnion’s programs. Their guidance will be a tremendous asset in navigating the uncharted waters of psychedelic drug development,” said Bill W Massey, Chief Development Officer of Ninnion.
The new SAB is composed of world renowned leaders in the areas of psychedelic research and drug development from top-tier organizations including Johns Hopkins, the Karolinska Institute and University of Texas, Austin. The SAB will work closely with Ninnion leadership, assisting with scientific judgments related to research and pipeline development.
“I’m delighted to serve as a member of Ninnion’s Scientific Advisory Board – this is an opportunity to work together with the best minds in the psychedelic pharmaceutical industry during a time of significant growth and discovery. Collectively we will aim to guide Ninnion through the development of its current pipeline and are committed to following the science as we move forward in developing thoughtful, evidence-based solutions,” said Rick Strassman, MD.
Ninnion’s research and development efforts currently focus on advancing second and third generation psychedelic therapies, which will ultimately empower patients with more accessible and affordable treatment opportunities. The SAB is an integral part of Ninnion’s vision to improve lives and forever change the landscape of today’s psychedelic pharmaceuticals.
“I am honored to be surrounded by such great minds and key opinion leaders contributing to our Scientific Advisory Board. We are bringing the best minds together to create the next generation of psychedelic drug therapies to enhance the lives of patients, starting with those recovering from ischemic stroke.” said Jeremy Caudill, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Ninnion.
The founding members of the Ninnion Scientific Advisory Board are:
- Rick Strassman, MD, is a world renowned psychiatrist, psychopharmacologist, and pioneer in the advancement of clinical psychedelic research. After 20 years of intermission, Dr. Strassman was the first person in the United States to undertake human studies with psychedelic drugs, with his research on DMT and psilocybin in the early 1990s.
- Charles B. Nemeroff, MD, is an internationally recognized psychiatrist and researcher, specializing in the areas of Neuropsychopharmacology, Psychiatry, mood disorders, and trauma. He serves as the Matthew P. Nemeroff Professor and Chair of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School.
- Ede Frecska, MD, is a prolific author, researcher, and scholar with over 100 peer-reviewed papers and book chapters to his credit. He currently serves as Chief of Department at the National Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology in Budapest.
- Attila Szabo, Ph.D., is a distinguished scholar, researcher, and advocate in the areas of psychoneuroimmunology, immunopsychiatry, biological psychiatry, and the molecular biology of inflammation. His current research focuses on immune-brain interactions in severe mental disorders.
- Patrick Finan, Ph.D., is a trained clinical psychologist and expert in cognitive, behavioral, and affective non-pharmacological mechanisms and treatments for chronic pain. His research focuses on chronic pain and measurement and analysis of dynamic measures of pain and emotion captured in the course of daily life. Dr. Finan is currently the Principal Investigator or Co-Investigator on 8 NIH-funded grants totaling over $20 million.
- Brent Turnipseed, MD, is a dedicated mental health professional and entrepreneur whose work in behavioral health strives to elevate the standard of care for those living with severe mental illness. As a Medical Director and Co-founder of Roots Behavioral Health, Dr. Turnipseed focuses on providing affordable care and expanding access to emerging therapies like ketamine-assisted therapy (KAP) and psychedelic therapeutics.
- Mathias Egermark, MD, is a versatile and agile clinician and healthcare executive with a passion for building high-performing teams in clinical trials and development. Combining years of experience in clinical practice, pharmaceutical development, and business leadership, Dr. Egermark has distinguished himself as a leader in managing cross-functional teams in global settings.
- Jair Soares, MD, Ph.D., is a well-recognized researcher, academic, and clinician who has published over 300 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters in the field of psychiatry. He has been the recipient of numerous awards, academic and non-academic honors & appointments, including over two dozen awards for his work in the field of medicine and psychiatry. He is a board-certified psychiatrist and serves as Professor and Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at UTHealth Houston Medical School, and director for the Center of Excellence on Mood Disorders.
To find out more about Ninnion’s Scientific Advisory Board and or to view a full list of its members, visit www.ninnion.com/.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Ninnion is a pharmaceutical company on a mission to build a fully integrated pharmaceutical psychedelics eco-system leveraging the latest AI drug discovery, development, cGMP manufacturing, commercialization, patient clinics and specialty pharmacy distribution network designed for the next frontier of psychedelic medicine. Focused on the payer-reimbursed market, Ninnion has begun developing a pipeline of next generation psychedelic therapies with a clinical focus on brain injury, chronic pain, inflammation, and addiction disorders. To learn more, visit www.ninnion.com.
Jive PR + Digital
This article was published by CFN Enterprises Inc. (OTCQB: CNFN), owner and operator of CFN Media, the industry’s leading agency and digital financial media network dedicated to the burgeoning CBD and legal cannabis industries. Call +1 (833) 420-CNFN for more information.
Follow Us on Social Media
About CFN Media Group
CFN Enterprises Inc. (OTCQB: CNFN) owns and operates CFN Media Group, the premier agency and financial media network reaching executives, entrepreneurs and consumers worldwide. Through its proprietary content creation, video library, and distribution via www.CannabisFN.com, CFN has built an extensive database of cannabis interest, assisting many of the world’s largest cannabis firms and CBD brands to build awareness and thrive. For more information, please visit www.cfnenterprisesinc.com.
Disclaimer: Matters discussed on this website contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may from time-to-time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. The Information contains forward-looking statements, i.e. statements or discussions that constitute predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, estimates, or projections as indicated by such words as "expects", "will", "anticipates", and "estimates"; therefore, you should proceed with extreme caution in relying upon such statements and conduct a full investigation of the Information and the Profiled Issuer as well as any such forward-looking statements. Any forward looking statements we make in the Information are limited to the time period in which they are made, and we do not undertake to update forward looking statements that may change at any time; The Information is presented only as a brief "snapshot" of the Profiled Issuer and should only be used, at most, and if at all, as a starting point for you to conduct a thorough investigation of the Profiled Issuer and its securities and to consult your financial, legal or other adviser(s) and avail yourself of the filings and information that may be accessed at www.sec.gov, www.pinksheets.com, www.otcmarkets.com or other electronic sources, including: (a) reviewing SEC periodic reports (Forms 10-Q and 10-K), reports of material events (Form 8-K), insider reports (Forms 3, 4, 5 and Schedule 13D); (b) reviewing Information and Disclosure Statements and unaudited financial reports filed with the Pink Sheets or www.otcmarkets.com; (c) obtaining and reviewing publicly available information contained in commonlyknown search engines such as Google; and (d) consulting investment guides at www.sec.gov and www.finra.com. You should always be cognizant that the Profiled Issuers may not be current in their reporting obligations with the SEC and OTCMarkets and/or have negative signs at www.otcmarkets.com (See section below titled "Risks Related to the Profiled Issuers, which provides additional information pertaining thereto). For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity-based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure, please visit: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/. A short time after we acquire the securities of the foregoing company, we may publish the (favorable) information about the issuer referenced above advising others, including you, to purchase; and while doing so, we may sell the securities we acquired. In addition, a third-party shareholder compensating us may sell his or her shares of the issuer while we are publishing favorable information about the issuer. Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this article contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority, and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may from time to time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity- based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure please visit: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/.