Naturally Splendid Provides HempOmega® Highlights
November 7th, 2018
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 07, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd. (“Naturally Splendid” or “NSE” or “The Company”) (TSX-V:NSP) (OTCQB:NSPDF) (Frankfurt:50N) is pleased to provide a corporate update to recent HempOmega® advancements.
Developed by Naturally Splendid, HempOmega® is a proprietary homogenous powder created from microencapsulated hemp seed oil. It is a high-quality and sustainable omega fatty acid alternative ingredient to fish oil for omega fortification. Due to its unique powder format, it solves the formulation challenge manufacturers face when trying to add omegas to existing products,and has proven to increase the bioavailability of omega essential fatty acids.
- Naturally Splendid USA Ltd. and NeutriSci International Corporation (“NeutriSci”) have extended and added binding terms to the Company’s previously announced letter of intent. This new binding letter of intent details the mutual agreement to produce a sublingual HempOmega® tablet using NeutriSci’s intellectual property and technology, and as well, allows for the addition of a sublingual tablet combining HempOmega® and CBD (cannabidiol), subject to licensing, regulatory body and both parties’ approvals.
- Further to NSP’s letter of intent with Crop Infrastructure Inc. (“CROP”) (see the Company’s news release of August 14, 2018) to provide costs for white labelled hemp seed, protein powder and hemp oil, with some of these products containing HempOmega®, and which CROP will be able to purchase using its brands The Hempire Company and Tiffany CBD. As part of the LOI, CROP plans to utilize Naturally Splendid’s proprietary HempOmega® powder in its CannaDrink functional beverage line currently under development. CROP’s new cannabis-infused line of soft drinks is reported by CROP to be a zero calorie, non-GMO, ketogenic-friendly line of soda pop, tea, and coffee variations (see CROP’s news release of October 3, 2018).
- Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd. has signed an exclusive sales agreement with Sipp Industries Inc. (“Sipp”) to sell HempOmega® as an ingredient to beer manufacturers in Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, California and Texas. As well, Sipp has received approval in the states of Colorado and Illinois to include HempOmega® as an ingredient in their own custom-formulated hemp beer including their Major Hemp Brown Ale and newly developed Major Hemp H-IPA brands, which have been distributed to multiple locations throughout Colorado and Illinois.
- NSE has already formulated and tested HempOmega® infused protein, and energy snack bar/ bite products. The Company expects to launch these products in early 2019 under our house-brands and for private label clients.
- NSE has assembled a team comprised of management and industry wise advisory board members to further the development of bio-tech opportunities for the HempOmega® in North America and Internationally.
- NSE continues to work diligently towards full commercialization for HempOmega® to service global markets. In recent months, the Company has held discussions with a number of parties from countries around the world interested in utilizing HempOmega® in a number of products, as well as had discussions regarding licensing opportunities.
Naturally Splendid CEO Douglas Mason states, “We are very pleased with the recent advancements made in the marketing of our HempOmega®. Positioning this proprietary product for future growth, HempOmega® is now being utilized in consumer products in five categories, including beer, functional beverages, sublingual tablets, proteins and medical-grade formulations. There’s further growth expected in the hemp-infused edibles market, according to ArcView Research and BDS Analytics report (June 2nd, 2017) which indicated consumer spending on cannabis-infused food and beverages reached approximately $1 billion in 2017 between the United States and Canada. ArcView reports that edibles could be worth over $4.1 billion by 2022, a figure that undeniably attracts food and beverage producers globally with an eye to the post-legalisation future. NSE will continue to work towards new opportunities for HempOmega® as a food supplement and a source of additional nutritional benefit in both new and existing products.”
In 2017, Proprietary research from the Global Organization of EPA and DHA Omega-3s (GOED) showed the highest supplement use is occurring in the United States, China and Australia. Statistica 2018 estimated the global supplement market for omega-3 supplements in 2025 will reach US$57 billion, compared to $33 billion in 2016. This is indeed a steep growth for an individual supplement segment.
For more information on HempOmega®, please visit: www.hempomega.com
About Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd.
Naturally Splendid is a biotechnology and consumer products company that is developing, producing, commercializing, and licensing an entirely new generation of plant-derived, bioactive ingredients, nutrient dense foods, and related products. Naturally Splendid is building an expanding portfolio of patents (issued and pending) and proprietary intellectual property focused on the commercial uses of industrial hemp cannabinoid compounds in a broad spectrum of applications.
For more information e-mail [email protected] or call Investor Relations at 604-673-9573
On Behalf of the Board of Directors
Mr. Douglas Mason
Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd.
(NSP – TSX Venture; NSPDF – OTCQB; 50N Frankfurt)
#108-19100 Airport Way
Pitt Meadows, BC, V3Y 0E2
Office: (604) 465-0548
Fax: (604) 465-1128
Information set forth in this news release contains forward-looking statements that are based on assumptions as of the date of this news release. These statements reflect management’s current estimates, beliefs, intentions and expectations. They are not guarantees of future performance. Naturally Splendid cautions that all forward looking statements are inherently uncertain and that actual performance may be affected by a number of material factors, many of which are beyond Naturally Splendid’s control including, Naturally Splendid’s ability to compete with large food and beverage companies; sales of any potential products developed will be profitable; sales of shelled hemp seed will continue at existing rates or increase; the ability to complete the sales of all bulk hemp seed purchase orders; and the risk that any of the potential applications may not receive all required regulatory or legal approval. Accordingly, actual and future events, conditions and results may differ materially from the estimates, beliefs, intentions and expectations expressed or implied in the forward-looking information. Except as required under applicable securities legislation, Naturally Splendid undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise forward-looking information.
The above article is sponsored content. Emerging Growth LLC, which owns CannabisFN.com and CFN Media, has been hired to create awareness. Please follow the link below to view our full disclosure outlining our compensation: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/
Follow Us on Social Media
About CFN Media
CFN Media (CannabisFN) is the leading creative agency and media network dedicated to legal cannabis. We help marijuana businesses attract investors, customers (B2B, B2C), capital, and media visibility. Private and public marijuana companies and brands in the US and Canada rely on CFN Media to grow and succeed.
CFN launched in June of 2013 to initially serve the growing universe of publicly traded marijuana companies across North America. Today, CFN Media is also the digital media choice for the emerging brands in the space.
Disclaimer: Matters discussed on this website contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may from time-to-time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. The Information contains forward-looking statements, i.e. statements or discussions that constitute predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, estimates, or projections as indicated by such words as "expects", "will", "anticipates", and "estimates"; therefore, you should proceed with extreme caution in relying upon such statements and conduct a full investigation of the Information and the Profiled Issuer as well as any such forward-looking statements. Any forward looking statements we make in the Information are limited to the time period in which they are made, and we do not undertake to update forward looking statements that may change at any time; The Information is presented only as a brief "snapshot" of the Profiled Issuer and should only be used, at most, and if at all, as a starting point for you to conduct a thorough investigation of the Profiled Issuer and its securities and to consult your financial, legal or other adviser(s) and avail yourself of the filings and information that may be accessed at www.sec.gov, www.pinksheets.com, www.otcmarkets.com or other electronic sources, including: (a) reviewing SEC periodic reports (Forms 10-Q and 10-K), reports of material events (Form 8-K), insider reports (Forms 3, 4, 5 and Schedule 13D); (b) reviewing Information and Disclosure Statements and unaudited financial reports filed with the Pink Sheets or www.otcmarkets.com; (c) obtaining and reviewing publicly available information contained in commonlyknown search engines such as Google; and (d) consulting investment guides at www.sec.gov and www.finra.com. You should always be cognizant that the Profiled Issuers may not be current in their reporting obligations with the SEC and OTCMarkets and/or have negative signs at www.otcmarkets.com (See section below titled "Risks Related to the Profiled Issuers, which provides additional information pertaining thereto). For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity-based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure, please visit: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/. A short time after we acquire the securities of the foregoing company, we may publish the (favorable) information about the issuer referenced above advising others, including you, to purchase; and while doing so, we may sell the securities we acquired. In addition, a third-party shareholder compensating us may sell his or her shares of the issuer while we are publishing favorable information about the issuer. Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this article contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority, and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may from time to time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity- based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure please visit: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/.