Indiva reports results for year end 2018 and provides 2019 outlook
May 1st, 2019
LONDON, ON, May 1, 2019 /CNW/ – Indiva Limited (the “Company” or “Indiva“) (TSXV:NDVA) (US:NDVAF) is pleased to report results for the year ended December 31, 2018.
Q4 2018 and year-end financial results:
- For the fourth quarter and year-ended December 2018, Indiva reported $58,307 of net revenue, versus nil in 2017 and nil in Q3 2018. Revenue was derived almost entirely from wholesale sales of cannabis flower and clones, as Indiva’s contract with the OCS did not begin until Q1 2019.
- Operating expenses for Q4 were $2.77 million versus $1.32 million in Q4 2017. The increase was attributable to higher employee count and facility costs as operations and production grew, as well as higher marketing, investor relations and public company costs.
- Inventory at year-end stood at $1.16 million versus nil in the year-ago period.
- Cash position at year-end stood at $19.56 million.
Indiva’s achievements in 2018 and subsequent events:
- Completed a bought-deal equity financing in February 2018 for gross proceeds of $15 million.
- Created a JV with Bhang Corporation to produce and, subject to applicable regulatory approvals, distribute award-winning Bhang products on an exclusive basis in Canada, including chocolate, oral sprays, vape pens and other derivative cannabis products.
- Signed an exclusive licensing agreement with DeepCell Industries to produce and distribute, subject to applicable regulatory approvals, on an exclusive basis Ruby Sugar, Sapphire Salt and Gems as well as other DeepCell SKUs in development.
- Received our Sales License from Health Canada in August 2018.
- Signed an LOI to acquire a cultivation license in Denmark.
- Purchased the Company’s property and production facility in London, Ontario.
- In February, 2019, Indiva signed a supply agreement with the Ontario Cannabis Store (OCS.ca).
- On February 25, 2019, Indiva introduced its first products for sale into the recreational cannabis market in Canada and launched its first two pre-roll SKUs, which are available in Ontario both online through the OCS.ca website and in cannabis stores in Ontario. After eight weeks of sales, INDIVA pre-rolls have achieved 9.5% market share in pre-rolls in Ontario.
- Construction of three (3) additional flower rooms is complete and the rooms are ready to be populated with plants, once licensed by Health Canada. The rooms were completed in February 2019, and final video submission was completed at the same time.
- Construction of five (5) additional flower rooms is substantially complete and is expected to be ready for a walk-through inspection to prepare a video package for Health Canada by early May.
- All long lead-time extraction, processing and major chocolate production equipment have been procured. Indiva expects to be, subject to applicable regulatory approvals, able to initially process 100kg of chocolate per hour as early as Q3 2019.
- Indiva is pleased to announce the recent hiring of Rob Carse as Vice President of Operations. Rob has 25 years of experience as a senior operations manager with Clorox, General Mills, Maple Leaf Foods and recently B&G (manufacturer of Green Giant foods).
- Indiva intends to introduce additional pre-roll SKUs as well as indica and sativa capsules in Q2 2019, all of which will be available at OCS.ca and in cannabis stores in Ontario.
- Indiva is in discussions with additional provincial wholesalers regarding the distribution of INDIVA products.
- Indiva intends to introduce tinctures, including indica oil and sativa oil, to medical patients in Q2 2019.
- Timeline remains on track to complete construction of a 70 tonne ethanol extraction system at Indiva’s facility in London, Ontario. Indiva continues to pursue B2B opportunities in extraction and processing, while maintaining capacity for its own needs.
- Indiva continues to prepare to open its own “farm-gate” store on site at its facility in London Ontario, subject to AGCO approval.
“We are delighted with the positive reception and early market share garnered by INDIVA pre-rolls in Ontario. We continue to negotiate with additional provincial wholesalers to increase distribution of INDIVA products to additional provinces in Canada. With new channels and additional products to be introduced beginning in Q2 through the OCS, as well as beginning direct-sales to medical patients, we expect revenue growth through 2019 and 2020. In particular, we are very excited about the expected introduction of Indiva’s derivative products, and subject to amended regulations, producing and distributing edible cannabis products in the Canadian market,” said Niel Marotta, President and CEO.
Indiva is a Licensed Producer of medical grade cannabis. Our aim is to bring our family of global cannabis brands to Canadians and cannabis enthusiasts around the world. As marijuana laws liberalize globally, Indiva will expand its product offering to include safe edibles and other client-friendly cannabis products. In Canada, Indiva will produce and distribute Ruby Cannabis Sugar, Sapphire Salt, Ruby Gems, as well as award winning Bhang Chocolate and other derivative products through license agreements and joint-ventures respectively. In addition, as marijuana laws liberalize internationally, Indiva will use its Canadian operations as a platform to open new markets for its cannabis products.
DISCLAIMER & READER ADVISORY
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) has in any way passed upon the merits of the Transaction and neither of the foregoing entities accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release or has in any way approved or disapproved of the contents of this press release.
Certain statements contained in this press release constitute forward-looking information. These statements relate to future events or future performance. The use of any of the words “could”, “intend”, “expect”, “believe”, “will”, “projected”, “estimated” and similar expressions and statements relating to matters that are not historical facts are intended to identify forward-looking information and are based on the parties’ current belief or assumptions as to the outcome and timing of such future events. Actual future results may differ materially. In particular, this release contains forward-looking information relating to future product offerings, receipt of applicable regulatory approvals, entry into future supply agreements, completion of certain acquisitions, future operations, future entry into additional markets, changes to laws and regulations in Canada and internationally, and compliance with applicable regulations. Various assumptions or factors are typically applied in drawing conclusions or making the forecasts or projections set out in forward-looking information. Those assumptions and factors are based on information currently available to the parties. The material factors and assumptions include the parties being able to obtain the necessary regulatory and other third parties approvals and licensing and other risks associated with regulated entities in the cannabis industry. To the extent any forward-looking information in this press release constitutes future-oriented financial information or financial outlooks, within the meaning of securities laws, such information is being provided to demonstrate the potential of the Company and readers are cautioned that this information may not be appropriate for any other purpose. Future-oriented financial information and financial outlooks, as with forward-looking information generally, are based on assumptions and subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors. Actual results may differ materially from what the Company currently expects. The forward looking information contained in this release is made as of the date hereof and the parties are not obligated to update or revise any forward looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable securities laws. Because of the risks, uncertainties and assumptions contained herein, investors should not place undue reliance on forward looking information. The foregoing statements expressly qualify any forward-looking information contained herein.
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any of the securities in the United States. The securities have not been and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “U.S. Securities Act”) or any state securities laws and may not be offered or sold within the United States or to U.S. Persons unless registered under the U.S. Securities Act and applicable state securities laws or an exemption from such registration is available. Not for distribution to U.S. Newswire Services or for dissemination in the United States. Any failure to comply with this restriction may constitute a violation of U.S. Securities laws.
The above article is sponsored content. Emerging Growth LLC, which owns CannabisFN.com and CFN Media, has been hired to create awareness. Please follow the link below to view our full disclosure outlining our compensation: http://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/
This article was published by CFN Enterprises Inc. (OTCQB: CNFN), owner and operator of CFN Media, the industry’s leading agency and digital financial media network dedicated to the burgeoning CBD and legal cannabis industries. Call +1 (833) 420-CNFN for more information.
Follow Us on Social Media
About CFN Media Group
CFN Enterprises Inc. (OTCQB: CNFN) owns and operates CFN Media Group, the premier agency and financial media network reaching executives, entrepreneurs and consumers worldwide. Through its proprietary content creation, video library, and distribution via www.CannabisFN.com, CFN has built an extensive database of cannabis interest, assisting many of the world’s largest cannabis firms and CBD brands to build awareness and thrive. For more information, please visit www.cfnenterprisesinc.com.
Disclaimer: Matters discussed on this website contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may from time-to-time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. The Information contains forward-looking statements, i.e. statements or discussions that constitute predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, estimates, or projections as indicated by such words as "expects", "will", "anticipates", and "estimates"; therefore, you should proceed with extreme caution in relying upon such statements and conduct a full investigation of the Information and the Profiled Issuer as well as any such forward-looking statements. Any forward looking statements we make in the Information are limited to the time period in which they are made, and we do not undertake to update forward looking statements that may change at any time; The Information is presented only as a brief "snapshot" of the Profiled Issuer and should only be used, at most, and if at all, as a starting point for you to conduct a thorough investigation of the Profiled Issuer and its securities and to consult your financial, legal or other adviser(s) and avail yourself of the filings and information that may be accessed at www.sec.gov, www.pinksheets.com, www.otcmarkets.com or other electronic sources, including: (a) reviewing SEC periodic reports (Forms 10-Q and 10-K), reports of material events (Form 8-K), insider reports (Forms 3, 4, 5 and Schedule 13D); (b) reviewing Information and Disclosure Statements and unaudited financial reports filed with the Pink Sheets or www.otcmarkets.com; (c) obtaining and reviewing publicly available information contained in commonlyknown search engines such as Google; and (d) consulting investment guides at www.sec.gov and www.finra.com. You should always be cognizant that the Profiled Issuers may not be current in their reporting obligations with the SEC and OTCMarkets and/or have negative signs at www.otcmarkets.com (See section below titled "Risks Related to the Profiled Issuers, which provides additional information pertaining thereto). For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity-based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure, please visit: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/. A short time after we acquire the securities of the foregoing company, we may publish the (favorable) information about the issuer referenced above advising others, including you, to purchase; and while doing so, we may sell the securities we acquired. In addition, a third-party shareholder compensating us may sell his or her shares of the issuer while we are publishing favorable information about the issuer. Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this article contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority, and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may from time to time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity- based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure please visit: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/.