Creso Pharma Brings Together Cannabis Experts Across Several Verticals
December 18th, 2018
Exclusive, Top News
The due diligence process looks very different for small-cap versus large-cap stocks. When analyzing large-cap companies, investors pay closest attention to financial statements and valuation ratios to extrapolate growth rates and apply multiples. Small-cap stocks tend to be earlier stage companies without an established earnings track record, which means that investors must consider the management team above all else.
Creso Pharma Ltd. (ASX: CPH) is a small-cap company founded in 2016 that has amassed one of the most experienced management teams in the cannabis industry. By bringing together experts across pharmaceutical, cannabis, and investment banking industries, the company is well positioned to execute on its unique approach to the market and become a leading provider of cannabis to people and animals worldwide.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the company’s management team and advisory board, as well as how their expertise have helped drive progress.
Experienced Management Team
Many investors in small-cap companies look for experience in both operational areas and investment banking when conducting due diligence. After all, public companies must both execute their business plan and deal with the ins and outs of being publicly traded.
Creso Pharma was founded by three individuals with extensive experience spanning the global pharmaceutical, medical cannabis, and investment banking industries:
- Creso Pharma CEO, Co-Founder, and Executive Director Dr. Miri Halperin Wernli, PhD, MBA, has over 25 years of strategic and operational leadership in global drug and product development in the pharmaceutical and biomedical industries.
- Non-Executive Chairman and Co-Founder Boaz Wachtel is a leading medical cannabis expert that formerly managed Phytotech Medical (ASX: MMJ)—Australia’s first publicly-traded medical cannabis company.
- Non-Executive Director and Co-Founder Adam Blumenthal has over ten years of experience in investment banking and corporate finance. He has deep experience in both Australian and international markets, having helped raise capital and finance several listed and unlisted companies, including several medical cannabis firms.
These co-founders are joined by Chief Operating Officer John Griese—an expert in cannabis and food manufacturing and supply chain management. Over the past 30 years, he has worked with companies like Pepsi and Nestle in executive roles. More recently, he developed cannabis experience as Chief Operating Officer of Bloom Farms—a large branded manufacturer and distributor in California’s regulated market.
Strong Advisory Board
Advisory boards are equally important to investors, especially in tightly-regulated industries. Board members can provide tremendous insights into everything from navigating regulatory red-tape to developing innovative new products.
- Dr. Isaac Kobrin, MD, is an internist with more than 15 years of experience in the United States and Israel. He also has over 22 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry in Roche and Actelion, where he was responsible for the development of key compounds.
- Dr. Stephane Redey, PhD, has over 18 years of experience leading teams in the technical development of innovative drugs and strategic outsourcing. He has held senior positions with pharmaceutical companies in Switzerland and Australia.
- Dr. Raquel Peyraube, MD, has over 28 years of experience in training, prevention, treatment, and harm reduction, while also consulting on drug policy reform in Latin America.
- Prof. Dr. Felix Gutzwiller, MD, MPH, PhD, has served as a professor at the University of Basel and a professor of Social and Preventive Medicine at the University of Zurich, Emeritus since 2013.
- Dr. Gian Trepp ETH, MBA, IMD, is a senior pharmaceutical marketing executive with over 18 years of strategic and operational leadership. In addition to holding senior roles at global companies, he founded GBT Pharma, UK.
- Jorge Wernli ETH, MBA, IMD, is an expert in market access, pricing reimbursements, and government affairs with more than 30 years of experience working with startups and large pharmaceutical companies. He has built relationships across Europe, South America, and several Asian countries.
- Prof. Dr. Walter P. von Wartburg is an attorney at law with international experience in the areas of health and communication PR. For over 20 years, he has provided legal, communication, and issues management advice to biotech and life science firms.
Creso Pharma Ltd. (ASX: CPH) has made tremendous progress in its mission to bring pharmaceutical rigor to the cannabis industry under this leadership. Over the past two years, the company acquired several cannabis assets, listed on the ASX (and soon TSX-V), and began generating early revenue through cultivation and product development. Investors may want to keep an eye on the stock given management’s proven execution.
For more information, visit the company’s website or Click here to receive the investor presentation and going public alert
The above article is sponsored content. Emerging Growth LLC, which owns CannabisFN.com and CFN Media, has been hired to create awareness. Please follow the link below to view our full disclosure outlining our compensation: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/
This article was published by CFN Enterprises Inc. (OTCQB: CNFN), owner and operator of CFN Media, the industry’s leading agency and digital financial media network dedicated to the burgeoning CBD and legal cannabis industries. Call +1 (833) 420-CNFN for more information.
Follow Us on Social Media
About CFN Media Group
CFN Enterprises Inc. (OTCQB: CNFN) owns and operates CFN Media Group, the premier agency and financial media network reaching executives, entrepreneurs and consumers worldwide. Through its proprietary content creation, video library, and distribution via www.CannabisFN.com, CFN has built an extensive database of cannabis interest, assisting many of the world’s largest cannabis firms and CBD brands to build awareness and thrive. For more information, please visit www.cfnenterprisesinc.com.
Disclaimer: Matters discussed on this website contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may from time-to-time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. The Information contains forward-looking statements, i.e. statements or discussions that constitute predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, estimates, or projections as indicated by such words as "expects", "will", "anticipates", and "estimates"; therefore, you should proceed with extreme caution in relying upon such statements and conduct a full investigation of the Information and the Profiled Issuer as well as any such forward-looking statements. Any forward looking statements we make in the Information are limited to the time period in which they are made, and we do not undertake to update forward looking statements that may change at any time; The Information is presented only as a brief "snapshot" of the Profiled Issuer and should only be used, at most, and if at all, as a starting point for you to conduct a thorough investigation of the Profiled Issuer and its securities and to consult your financial, legal or other adviser(s) and avail yourself of the filings and information that may be accessed at www.sec.gov, www.pinksheets.com, www.otcmarkets.com or other electronic sources, including: (a) reviewing SEC periodic reports (Forms 10-Q and 10-K), reports of material events (Form 8-K), insider reports (Forms 3, 4, 5 and Schedule 13D); (b) reviewing Information and Disclosure Statements and unaudited financial reports filed with the Pink Sheets or www.otcmarkets.com; (c) obtaining and reviewing publicly available information contained in commonlyknown search engines such as Google; and (d) consulting investment guides at www.sec.gov and www.finra.com. You should always be cognizant that the Profiled Issuers may not be current in their reporting obligations with the SEC and OTCMarkets and/or have negative signs at www.otcmarkets.com (See section below titled "Risks Related to the Profiled Issuers, which provides additional information pertaining thereto). For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity-based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure, please visit: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/. A short time after we acquire the securities of the foregoing company, we may publish the (favorable) information about the issuer referenced above advising others, including you, to purchase; and while doing so, we may sell the securities we acquired. In addition, a third-party shareholder compensating us may sell his or her shares of the issuer while we are publishing favorable information about the issuer. Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this article contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority, and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may from time to time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity- based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure please visit: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/.