CORRECTING and REPLACING Zoned Properties Reports Second Quarter 2022 Financial Results
August 11th, 2022
Zoned Properties®, Inc. (“Zoned Properties” or the “Company”) (OTCQB: ZDPY), a leading real estate development firm for emerging and highly regulated industries, including legalized cannabis, today announced its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022.
“The Zoned Properties team has positioned the Company for national scale and growth, and we continue to execute on our full-spectrum of real estate services for both independent clients and our own development projects. We are focused on investing in the growth and diversity of our top line revenue while maintaining positive cash flow from operations, and we view these metrics as some of the most important financial indicators for investors and shareholders to follow,” commented Bryan McLaren, Chief Executive Officer of Zoned Properties.
“We believe we have developed the right business mix of real estate services to effectively scale Zoned Properties along with the needs of our target industries, primarily the regulated cannabis industry. Our full spectrum of real estate services have been intentionally positioned and designed to feed a strong pipeline of acquisition targets for our Investment Portfolio. Now we must execute on scaling both our active real estate services for the national marketplace and also buying power to expand our Investment Portfolio.”
Six Months and Second Quarter Ended June 30, 2022 Financial Results
- Revenues were $1,437,353 for the six months ended June 30, 2022, compared to $895,909 for the six months ended June 30, 2021, an increase of 60.4%.
- Operating expenses were $1,437,039 for the six months ended June 30, 2022, compared to $799,624 for the six months ended June 30, 2021, an increase of 79.7%.
- The Company reported a net loss of $64,759 for the six months ended June 30, 2022, as compared to net income of $41,259 for the six months ended June 30, 2021.
- Revenues were $498,652 for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022, compared to $550,064 for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021, a decrease of 9.3%.
- Operating expenses were $507,856 for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022, compared to $410,411 for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021, an increase of 23.7%.
- The Company reported a net loss of $39,063 for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022, as compared to net income of $112,594 for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021.
- The Company had cash of $891,244 as of June 30, 2022, compared to $1,191,940 as of December 31, 2021, primarily reflecting a $500,000 investment in tenant improvements related to the Company’s Chino Valley Cultivation Facility, and a $50,000 investment in equity securities related to the Company’s AnamiTech investment. The Company reported net cash provided by operating activities of $270,968 for the six months ended June 30, 2022.
Management Discussion and Company Highlights
- Zoned Properties has developed a full spectrum of integrated growth services to support its commercial real estate development model; the Company’s Property Technology (“PropTech”), Advisory Services, Commercial Brokerage, and Investment Portfolio collectively cross-pollinate within the model to drive project value associated with complex real estate projects.
- Zoned Properties Property Technology: PropTech platforms have the opportunity to bring service and data solutions to complex markets at national scale. Zoned Properties is in the process of investing in, partnering with, and securing various property technology platforms to establish a robust tech-stack to service the regulated cannabis industry and support the Company’s full spectrum of real estate services. In April 2022, the Company’s project team launched the Rezone Beta platform into the marketplace. Rezone will focus on democratizing commercial real estate intelligence, developing the capabilities to provide hundreds of thousands of service professionals, business operators, and real estate investors with GIS mapping data and information. In July 2022, the Company invested in another PropTech company, AnamiTech, alongside the launch of its flagship PropTech platform, GreenSpace Pro. AnamiTech has focused its PropTech platform on project management tools and solutions for the cannabis operators, regulators, and project teams.
- We expect our Property Technology division to create efficient and effective pathways for the national scale of our real estate services and investment opportunities.
- Zoned Properties Advisory Services: The Company continues to expand its advisory services team and client-base in new state markets across the country, strengthening the Zoned Properties network that specializes in commercial real estate solutions for the regulated cannabis industry.
- We expect our Advisory Services division to continue to engage with a wide range of Multi-State Operators (MSOs), Social Equity Operators (SEOs), and real estate operators; strengthening our client roster as we scale nationally into existing and new state markets.
- Zoned Properties Commercial Brokerage: We launched our in-house licensed brokerage in June 2021. In its first year of operations, the brokerage team has created brokerage partnerships and served clients across the nation, closing more than $50 million worth of real estate transactions earning nearly $1 million in commission revenue. Our brokerage team has been engaged on listing projects representing more than 1.5 million square feet of commercial real estate for cannabis dispensaries, cultivation, processing, and warehouse facilities across the nation.
- We expect our Commercial Brokerage division to execute on its nation growth strategy to establish Zoned Properties brokerage partnerships or brokerage offices in multiple new state markets creating service access to the national cannabis marketplace.
- Zoned Properties Investment Portfolio: Zoned Properties owns properties within its Investment Portfolio that are leased to regulated cannabis operators. As of June 2022, the Company’s stabilized property portfolio produces $1.83 million annually in triple-net, passive rental revenue, and is expected to yield over $30 million in cash flow over the life of its contracted lease agreements. In July 2022, the Company secured an initial debt facility of $4.5 million creating buying power for new property acquisitions to expand our Investment Portfolio. It will become increasingly important for the Company to focus on raising access to capital and buying power to align with our strong pipeline of acquisition and investment opportunities.
- We expect our Investment Portfolio to grow commensurate with our buying power over the next few months and quarters as the Zoned Properties team proceeds with prospective acquisition offers for both stabilized properties with operating tenants and pre-operating development projects. The Company believes a balance of both debt and equity in buying power, and also stabilized properties and development projects in acquisition targeting will create the most opportune risk-reward profile for Zoned Properties and its shareholders.
About Zoned Properties, Inc. (OTCQB: ZDPY):
Zoned Properties is a leading real estate development firm for emerging and highly regulated industries, including regulated cannabis. The Company is redefining the approach to commercial real estate investment through its integrated growth services.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Zoned Properties has developed a full spectrum of integrated growth services to support its real estate development model; the Company’s Property Technology, Advisory Services, Commercial Brokerage, and Investment Portfolio collectively cross-pollinate within the model to drive project value associated with complex real estate projects. With national experience and a team of experts devoted to the emerging cannabis industry, Zoned Properties is addressing the specific needs of a modern market in highly regulated industries.
Zoned Properties is an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, the U.S. Green Building Council, and the Forbes Business Council. Zoned Properties does not grow, harvest, sell or distribute cannabis or any substances regulated under United States law such as the Controlled Substance Act of 1970, as amended (the “CSA”). Zoned Properties corporate headquarters are located at 8360 E. Raintree Dr., Suite 230, Scottsdale, Arizona. For more information, call 877-360-8839 or visit www.ZonedProperties.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements. All statements other than statements of historical facts included in this press release are forward-looking statements. In some cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by words such as “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “plan,” “potential,” “continue” or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements include risks and uncertainties, and there are important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. These factors, risks and uncertainties are discussed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Investors should not place any undue reliance on forward-looking statements since they involve known and unknown, uncertainties and other factors which are, in some cases, beyond the Company’s control which could, and likely will, materially affect actual results, levels of activity, performance or achievements. Any forward-looking statement reflects the Company’s current views with respect to future events and is subject to these and other risks, uncertainties and assumptions relating to operations, results of operations, growth strategy and liquidity. The Company assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise these forward-looking statements for any reason, or to update the reasons actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements, even if new information becomes available in the future.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220811005138/en/
Tel (401) 484-4980
This article was published by CFN Enterprises Inc. (OTCQB: CNFN), owner and operator of CFN Media, the industry’s leading agency and digital financial media network dedicated to the burgeoning CBD and legal cannabis industries. Call +1 (833) 420-CNFN for more information.
Follow Us on Social Media
About CFN Media Group
CFN Enterprises Inc. (OTCQB: CNFN) owns and operates CFN Media Group, the premier agency and financial media network reaching executives, entrepreneurs and consumers worldwide. Through its proprietary content creation, video library, and distribution via www.CannabisFN.com, CFN has built an extensive database of cannabis interest, assisting many of the world’s largest cannabis firms and CBD brands to build awareness and thrive. For more information, please visit www.cfnenterprisesinc.com.
Disclaimer: Matters discussed on this website contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may from time-to-time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. The Information contains forward-looking statements, i.e. statements or discussions that constitute predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, estimates, or projections as indicated by such words as "expects", "will", "anticipates", and "estimates"; therefore, you should proceed with extreme caution in relying upon such statements and conduct a full investigation of the Information and the Profiled Issuer as well as any such forward-looking statements. Any forward looking statements we make in the Information are limited to the time period in which they are made, and we do not undertake to update forward looking statements that may change at any time; The Information is presented only as a brief "snapshot" of the Profiled Issuer and should only be used, at most, and if at all, as a starting point for you to conduct a thorough investigation of the Profiled Issuer and its securities and to consult your financial, legal or other adviser(s) and avail yourself of the filings and information that may be accessed at www.sec.gov, www.pinksheets.com, www.otcmarkets.com or other electronic sources, including: (a) reviewing SEC periodic reports (Forms 10-Q and 10-K), reports of material events (Form 8-K), insider reports (Forms 3, 4, 5 and Schedule 13D); (b) reviewing Information and Disclosure Statements and unaudited financial reports filed with the Pink Sheets or www.otcmarkets.com; (c) obtaining and reviewing publicly available information contained in commonlyknown search engines such as Google; and (d) consulting investment guides at www.sec.gov and www.finra.com. You should always be cognizant that the Profiled Issuers may not be current in their reporting obligations with the SEC and OTCMarkets and/or have negative signs at www.otcmarkets.com (See section below titled "Risks Related to the Profiled Issuers, which provides additional information pertaining thereto). For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity-based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure, please visit: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/. A short time after we acquire the securities of the foregoing company, we may publish the (favorable) information about the issuer referenced above advising others, including you, to purchase; and while doing so, we may sell the securities we acquired. In addition, a third-party shareholder compensating us may sell his or her shares of the issuer while we are publishing favorable information about the issuer. Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this article contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority, and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may from time to time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. CFN Media Group, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity- based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure please visit: https://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/.