VANCOUVER, May 23, 2018 /CNW/ – BlissCo Cannabis Corp. (CSE: BLIS) is pleased to provide a corporate update on the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Bliss Co Holdings Ltd. (“BlissCo”).
“We are seeing tremendous momentum and interest as we continue to expand our team and put all the pieces into place for a successful product launch once our sales license is approved.” said Damian Kettlewell, CEO of Blissco Cannabis Corp.
- Been featured in over 100 articles nationwide discussing the byproduct of cannabis production, its proper disposal and its future opportunities
- Received an Invitation to participate in a live interview with Midas Letter in Toronto on May 24 at 11:30 am EST
- Made key hires including:
- QA Team: Shenna Leung
- Sheena Leung’s extensive pharmaceutical and food production QAP management experience will position BlissCo well as we look to earn approval from Health Canada for new and innovative medical and adult use cannabis products
- Branding and Packaging: Enlisted an award-winning Vancouver design agency specializing in Branding, Packaging Design for Health, Food, Fashion and Lifestyle brands
- QA Team: Shenna Leung
- Purchased oil production machinery that uses CO2, producing higher quality product for medical customers and sets BlissCo up to maintain the quality of byproducts for when their use is legal
- “Selecting CO2 over other methods and processes can save and separate much more by-product from the extraction process. Given where legalization is going, we want to be ready with an array of potential products outside the traditional methods of consuming cannabis or derivatives via sublingual, combustion or vaporization.” said Shawn McDougal, Production Manager, BlissCo.
- Remains on track to secure sales license in September
- Expanded supplier relationships for both medical and recreational product
- Secured an inspection date from Health Canada for May 28 – 31
“We are pleased with the progress that we have seen in the past several weeks. Our six varieties of premium cultivars have adapted well to their new home. We are excited for our continued expansion and are well on our way to obtaining our sales license in September, at which point we will be set up and able to begin sales immediately.” said Kettlewell.
BlissCo (CSE: BLIS) earned its Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulation ACMPR License to Cultivate on March 29, 2018. BlissCo’s ACMPR facility in Langley, B.C. is designed to be a high-volume packager, processor and distributor of medical cannabis and adult use cannabis when it is legal in Canada, which is currently anticipated to be by August 2018 at the earliest. BlissCo has a two – year supply agreement with The Supreme Cannabis Company Inc. (TSX.V: FIRE) to purchase 3,000 kilograms of premium dried cannabis.
BlissCo is applying to expand its license to cannabis oil production in Q2 2018 and will apply for its cannabis sales license at the earliest appropriate time. BlissCo will focus on high volume sales opportunities in the regulated medical use and adult use cannabis market in Canadawhen it is legal and is pursuing expansion opportunities in international markets.
On Behalf of the Board of Directors
BLISSCO CANNABIS CORP.
Damian Kettlewell, CEO, Founder & Chair
This news release contains certain forward-looking information and forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities legislation (collectively “forward-looking statements”). The use of any of the word “will” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results or events to differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements should not be unduly relied upon. This news release contains forward-looking statements and assumptions pertaining to the following: the ability to execute on our strategic plans and the impact on our future operations, capital expenditures, receipt of a cannabis oil license and a license to sell dried cannabis and other objectives, and earning approvals for new and innovative medical and adult use cannabis products. Actual results achieved may vary from the information provided herein as a result of numerous known and unknown risks and uncertainties and other factors. The Company believes the expectations reflected in those forward-looking statements are reasonable, but no assurance can be given that these expectations will prove to be correct. The Company does not undertake to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
The CSE has in no way passed upon the merits of the proposed transaction and has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this press release.
SOURCE BlissCo Cannabis Corp.
View original content with multimedia: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/May2018/23/c1452.html
Damian Kettlewell, CEO, (604) 484 9119, ext. 3, [email protected] CNW Group 2018