List of Medical Marijuana Stocks
October 27th, 2017
Given the burgeoning cannabis industry that has been predicted to grow into a fifty billion dollar industry by 2021 by analysts at Arcview Research, it is obvious why investors have been increasingly interested in the privately traded companies working on medical cannabis solutions already. Nationally, support for medical cannabis legalization has hit an all-time high at eighty-three percent [83%] as of April 17th, 2017, (Washington Times). As support for the legalization of cannabis on medical or recreational fronts grows, opportunity for investment will as well.
Key players in the cannabis industry are already emerging, with private companies like Privateer Holdings amassing over a hundred million [+$100,000,000] in funding. Medical cannabis companies like GW Pharmaceuticals have the financial edge on other publically traded canna-companies: they’ve been in business for decades and they have a long-standing history working with the FDA. Regardless of giants within the industry, new cannabis companies are established monthly and many of them come into their start-up funds by getting listed publically and launching an IPO.
- GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH) – GW Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company developing and commercializing cannabinoid-based medicines including Sativex, a common treatment of spasticity related to MS.
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) – A specialty pharmaceutical company focusing on cannabinoids and “novel drug delivery systems”.
- Cara Therapeutics (CARA) – A pharmaceutical company developing first-in-class proprietary compounds to treat pain, pruritus and inflammation without inducing side effects of current therapies.
- Corbus Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc. (CRBP) – Known for the development of a cannabinoid-mimetic drug, Anabasum, Corbus is developing therapies for inflammatory and fibrotic diseases.
- Axim Biotechnologies Inc. (AXIM) – A biotech company committed to R&D for the development of pharmaceutical delivery systems, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), and renewable sources of energy.
- 22nd Century Group Inc. (XXII) – A plant biotech company with the mission of reducing the harm caused by smoking.
- Zynerba Pharmaceuticals Inc. (ZYNE) – A clinical-stage, pharmaceutical company developing transdermal synthetic cannabinoid treatments.
- Cure Pharmaceutical Holding Corp. (CURR) – Operating as a holding company in the US, through subsidiaries, Cure provides oral thin film drugs and vet products.
- Cannabics Pharmaceuticals Inc. (CNBX) – An early-stage biotech company that develops and commercializes personalized anti-cancer treatments with a focus on cannabinoid formulations.
- Tetra Bio-Pharma Inc. (TBP:CA) – A Canadian bio-pharmaceutical company developing health products containing cannabis and other medicinal plants.
- Cannabis Science Inc. (CBIS) – A company dedicated to developing novel cannabinoid-based therapies.
- Tetra Bio-Pharma Inc. (TBPMF) – A Canadian bio-pharmaceutical company developing health products containing cannabis and other medicinal plants.
- OWC Pharmaceutical Research Corp (OWCP) – Wholly owned by an Israeli subsidiary, OWC conducts medical research and trials for the development of cannabis-based products and treatments; specifically for multiple myeloma, psoriasis, fibromyalgia, PTSD, and migraines.
- InMed Pharmaceuticals Inc. (IN:CNX) – A pre-clinical stage pharmaceutical company discovering and developing new therapeutic potential of cannabinoids.
- True Leaf Medicine International Inc. (TRLFF) – Operating with the goal of providing federally-approved, safe and effective cannabis products to be sold across Canada, True Leaf Medicine was established in 2013.
- Vitality Biopharma (VBIO) – Vitality’s mission is to “unlock the power of cannabinoids for treatment of serious neurological and inflammatory conditions.”
- Kalytera Therapeutics (KALTF) – A Canadian company focused on the development and manufacturing of cannabinoid medicines for unmet medical needs; specifically developing proprietary, synthetic CBD compounds.
- GB Sciences Inc. (GBLX) – GB Sciences integrates cutting-edge cannabis cultivation and biopharmaceutical research and development of cannabis.
- THC Therapeutics Inc. (THCT) – A company developing a patent-pending product called the dHydronator, which both sanitizes and dries herbs like cannabis faster than traditional methods.
- Abattis Bioceuticals Ord (ATTBF) – Abattis focuses on providing legal producers of cannabis fulfillment services such as testing, extraction, and formulation.
- Scythian Biosciences Corp. (SCYB:CA) – A pre-clinical R&D company developing a proprietary cannabinoid-based drug therapy for concussions and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
- Therapix Biosciences Ltd. (TRPX) – Treating central nervous system disorders through specialty pharmaceuticals developed out of unique cannabinoid technologies.
- Veritas Pharma Inc. (VRTHF) – Veritas is self-described as, “a discovery and IP development company advancing the science behind medical cannabis: they both develop and commercialize medically effective cannabis strains.
- India Globalization Capital Inc. (IGC) – IGC’s mission is to treat Alzheimer’s, pain, PTSD, seizures, cachexia, chronic and terminal neurological and oncological diseases, and other life-altering conditions with phytocannabinoid-based treatments.
- Revive Therapeutics Ltd. (RVVTF) – Revive Therapeutics specializes in advancing novel cannabinoids and drugs for serious and unmet needs of patients.
- Nemus Bioscience Inc. (NMUS) – A life-science, biopharma company that discovers, commercializes and develops cannabinoid therapeutics.
- CannabPharmaRx Inc. (CPMD) – CannabPharmaRX is advancing cannabinoid research by using formulation and drug delivery tech still under development: it focuses on prescription, personal care, and animal health cannabinoid-based products marketed in the US and globally.
- Verde Science Inc. (VRCI) – A medical research and development company working to isolate cost-effective, cannabis-based medication for pharmaceutical formulations and novel drug delivery systems.
Follow Us on Social Media
About CFN Media
CFN Media (CannabisFN) is the leading creative agency and media network dedicated to legal cannabis. We help marijuana businesses attract investors, customers (B2B, B2C), capital, and media visibility. Private and public marijuana companies and brands in the US and Canada rely on CFN Media to grow and succeed.
CFN launched in June of 2013 to initially serve the growing universe of publicly traded marijuana companies across North America. Today, CFN Media is also the digital media choice for the emerging brands in the space.
Disclaimer: Matters discussed on this website contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may from time-to-time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. The Information contains forward-looking statements, i.e. statements or discussions that constitute predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, estimates, or projections as indicated by such words as "expects", "will", "anticipates", and "estimates"; therefore, you should proceed with extreme caution in relying upon such statements and conduct a full investigation of the Information and the Profiled Issuer as well as any such forward-looking statements. Any forward looking statements we make in the Information are limited to the time period in which they are made, and we do not undertake to update forward looking statements that may change at any time; The Information is presented only as a brief "snapshot" of the Profiled Issuer and should only be used, at most, and if at all, as a starting point for you to conduct a thorough investigation of the Profiled Issuer and its securities and to consult your financial, legal or other adviser(s) and avail yourself of the filings and information that may be accessed at www.sec.gov, www.pinksheets.com, www.otcmarkets.com or other electronic sources, including: (a) reviewing SEC periodic reports (Forms 10-Q and 10-K), reports of material events (Form 8-K), insider reports (Forms 3, 4, 5 and Schedule 13D); (b) reviewing Information and Disclosure Statements and unaudited financial reports filed with the Pink Sheets or www.otcmarkets.com; (c) obtaining and reviewing publicly available information contained in commonlyknown search engines such as Google; and (d) consulting investment guides at www.sec.gov and www.finra.com. You should always be cognizant that the Profiled Issuers may not be current in their reporting obligations with the SEC and OTCMarkets and/or have negative signs at www.otcmarkets.com (See section below titled "Risks Related to the Profiled Issuers, which provides additional information pertaining thereto). For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity-based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure, please visit: http://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/. A short time after we acquire the securities of the foregoing company, we may publish the (favorable) information about the issuer referenced above advising others, including you, to purchase; and while doing so, we may sell the securities we acquired. In addition, a third-party shareholder compensating us may sell his or her shares of the issuer while we are publishing favorable information about the issuer. Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this article contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority, and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may from time to time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity- based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure please visit: http://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/.