Exclusive Weed: The Most Expensive Cannabis Strains in the World
September 21st, 2017
The “craft pot” market is on the rise and if you’re unsure about what gives particular strains of marijuana a “craft” status, you’re about to find out. Dispensaries across the US are constantly presenting cannabis consumers with new strains in a bid to remain competitive and rake in that all-important profit. Corporate cannabis growers are now favoring craft strains over generic strains, simply because they are a top-shelf option. Unlike regular strains of cannabis, craft pot is grown using the purest materials and methods.
Put it this way: craft pot crops are tended to individually by master growers, ensuring extra attention and care. The result? An utterly flourished pesticide-free marijuana plant that has been grown to its maximum potential. The industry is maturing as quickly as the plants are flowering, and as cultivators are meticulously fine-tuning cannabis clone genetics, the plant is being cured in the most advanced of ways.
Don’t expect these humidity and temperature-controlled strains to be cheap, however. In fact, craft pot is considered to be the most costly pot on the planet! Since it takes a heck of a lot of effort for a plant to reach craft level, this is understandable. But just how exclusive can strain selection get? Let’s find out.
7 Cannabis Strains That WILL Burn a Hole in Your Pocket
If you’ve ever wondered what kind of pot Snoop Dogg is smoking, chances are it’s something pretty pricey. Below, we spotlight seven of the most expensive cannabis strains in the world that are currently taking the craft pot market by storm:
- The Oracle – A rebrand of the well-known ACDC strain, Oracle boasts an intense THC content of 45%. It is an evenly balanced blend of Sativa and Indica with a price tag of no less than $1,000. When consumed, Oracle will leave you feeling deeply relaxed.
- Fruity Pebbles – Alien Genetics released this hybrid cannabis strain back in 2012. A rare strain with multi-colored buds and a candy-like scent, the expensive strain will ease stress and induce a good night’s sleep. Fruity Pebbles seeds have reportedly sold for $1,000-$1,500 in the past.
- Isla OG Canned Cannabis – Described as “the first canned cannabis”, this famous craft strain contains 45% THC and can be acquired for $800 per ounce. Alternatively, consumers can savor the potent effects by paying $100 for 1/8 portions of the canned cannabis.
- White Fire OG – Enjoy an uplifting effect from this 60% sativa hybrid strain, which has been given the nickname “WiFi OG”. Grown indoors and outdoors, the plant develops frosted buds and is sold at dispensaries for around $640 per ounce. Medical marijuana users favor WiFi OG for pain relief.
- Loud Dream – A backcross of the Blue Dream hybrid, this sativa-dominant craft cannabis strain is the perfect bud to pack your morning joint with. It won’t leave you feeling too tired. In fact, the THC content is mostly psychoactive and has a high-energy effect. Black market prices are typically $800 per ounce.
- J1 – If you’re willing to hand over $350 for an ounce of top-shelf hybrid, make sure it is to purchase the J1 strain! Typically, the THC content is around 22% and the high experienced from J1 is relaxed, yet speedy.
- XJ-13 – Also containing 22% THC is the XJ-13 strain. This 50:50 hybrid strain is suitable for both recreational and medicinal purposes. It won’t give you the munchies. (Quite the opposite, actually.) TGA Subcool Seeds are the cultivators responsible for breeding XJ-13. They did a pretty good job since it is selling for $375 per ounce at most dispensaries nowadays.
Do craft cannabis extracts have higher potency?
The answer to this question is an almighty “yes”. While you don’t necessarily have to hand over a week’s worth (or more) of your wages to fulfil your medical or recreational cannabis needs, you can bet that extracts produced by means of craft cannabis cultivation will blow your mind, in a good way, of course. Make sure your craft strains are of the highest quality by asking the supplier/budtender if it was extracted within three months of the cure date. Tip: it should be.
To learn more about new cannabis medical devices and other news, sign-up for our free newsletter using the form to the right.
Follow Us on Social Media
About CFN Media
CFN Media (CannabisFN) is the leading creative agency and media network dedicated to legal cannabis. We help marijuana businesses attract investors, customers (B2B, B2C), capital, and media visibility. Private and public marijuana companies and brands in the US and Canada rely on CFN Media to grow and succeed.
CFN launched in June of 2013 to initially serve the growing universe of publicly traded marijuana companies across North America. Today, CFN Media is also the digital media choice for the emerging brands in the space.
Disclaimer: Matters discussed on this website contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may from time-to-time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. The Information contains forward-looking statements, i.e. statements or discussions that constitute predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, estimates, or projections as indicated by such words as "expects", "will", "anticipates", and "estimates"; therefore, you should proceed with extreme caution in relying upon such statements and conduct a full investigation of the Information and the Profiled Issuer as well as any such forward-looking statements. Any forward looking statements we make in the Information are limited to the time period in which they are made, and we do not undertake to update forward looking statements that may change at any time; The Information is presented only as a brief "snapshot" of the Profiled Issuer and should only be used, at most, and if at all, as a starting point for you to conduct a thorough investigation of the Profiled Issuer and its securities and to consult your financial, legal or other adviser(s) and avail yourself of the filings and information that may be accessed at www.sec.gov, www.pinksheets.com, www.otcmarkets.com or other electronic sources, including: (a) reviewing SEC periodic reports (Forms 10-Q and 10-K), reports of material events (Form 8-K), insider reports (Forms 3, 4, 5 and Schedule 13D); (b) reviewing Information and Disclosure Statements and unaudited financial reports filed with the Pink Sheets or www.otcmarkets.com; (c) obtaining and reviewing publicly available information contained in commonlyknown search engines such as Google; and (d) consulting investment guides at www.sec.gov and www.finra.com. You should always be cognizant that the Profiled Issuers may not be current in their reporting obligations with the SEC and OTCMarkets and/or have negative signs at www.otcmarkets.com (See section below titled "Risks Related to the Profiled Issuers, which provides additional information pertaining thereto). For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity-based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure, please visit: http://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/. A short time after we acquire the securities of the foregoing company, we may publish the (favorable) information about the issuer referenced above advising others, including you, to purchase; and while doing so, we may sell the securities we acquired. In addition, a third-party shareholder compensating us may sell his or her shares of the issuer while we are publishing favorable information about the issuer. Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this article contain forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority, and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may from time to time have a position in the securities mentioned herein and will increase or decrease such positions without notice. For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice and that of their own professional advisers. Emerging Growth LLC dba TDM Financial, which owns CannabisFN, may be compensated for its Services in the form of cash-based and/or equity- based compensation in the companies it writes about, or a combination of the two. For full disclosure please visit: http://www.cannabisfn.com/legal-disclaimer/.